Are Blytt (b.1981 in Bergen, Norway, lives and works in Oslo)
Blytt’s practise embraces abstract painting and is focused on painterly questions, in particular challenging them and testing the limits of his chosen medium. His works explore ideas and concepts of what it means to be human, its ideologies and our modern age. The relationship between image and text, as well as the connection between photography and painting, are also essential in his works. His recent exhibitions include Galleri K (2020) WIELS Contemporary Art Centre (2019), Brussels; Galerie Alber (2019), Cologne; MARIE-LAURE FLEISCH GALLERY (2019), Brussels; Philipp von Rosen Galerie (2018) Cologne; CCA Andratx Kunsthalle (2018), Spain; Galleri K (2017), Oslo.
In 2018, Blytt was artist-in-residence at the WIELS Contemporary Art Centre Studio Program for Emerging Artists, Brussels, Belgium. Awarded in 2014 the Pollock-Krasner Foundation Grant, NYC, and the Forsberg & Aulies Painters Award, Oslo. Blytt was also artist-in-residence at Kunstnernes Hus, Oslo, in 2012.
- Are Blytt Homepage
- Vårt Land, "Insekt forandrer pesten", skrevet av Kjetil Røed
- Morgenbladet, "Lagvis tenkning", skrevet av Espen Hauglid
- Kunstavisen.no, "Snakker vi for mye", skrevet av Lars Elton
- SVART KATT PÅ LERRET, utstillingstekst skrevet av Arve Rød, april 2020
- Klassekampen 22.04.2020 - "Bildene på boksidene" skrevet av Øivind Storm Bjerke
- Review of `Beautiful Wreck´, in Flemish, H Art Magazine
- Slavoj Zizek – anmeldelse av Tommy Olsson, Klassekampen 29/3/2017
- 5 Questions – Elephant Magazine
- On Blytt 's paintings – Text by Erlend Hammer (Eng)
- Om Blytts malerier – Tekst av Erlend Hammer (No)